Week 6: The Saints are for real
- At what point is it OK to accept an NFL team as being "for real?" Four games? That's a quarter of the regular season, the equivalent of 41 games in baseball. Were we still dismissing the Tigers as an out-and-out fluke after 41 games last June? (And if you were, it's time to reassess.)
How about six games? That's more than a third of the season and plenty of time for every team to have faced at least one rough-and-tumble matchup that was capable of exposing it for a fraud. Chicago has walked over some patsies on its way to 5-0, but it topped a solid division rival on the road in Minnesota and destroyed Seattle, the reigning NFC champs. The undefeated Colts have had some trouble with also-rans (the Titans and Jets) but dispatched playoff-caliber opponents in the Jags and Giants.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Kaiser: Impact of Bledsoe, Westbrook, Pekovic returns
- Camp Tour: Will Ruggiano bounce back?
- Camp Tour: D-backs' Owings, Pollock
- Fantasy Hockey: Top 200 rankings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM