Randall Cobb's expanded role
Snap counts reveal fantasy implications for Cobb, Oakland RBs, Indy TEs
- Brian Spurlock/US PresswireRandall Cobb has become a versatile weapon for the Packers this season.
With another week of NFL action complete, it's time to take a look inside the world of playing time and snap counts via the in-depth data at Pro Football Focus.
The NFL now makes basic snap data available to anyone willing to open a game book, but only Pro Football Focus can take you far deeper into those numbers and tell you what players were doing on any given snap, where they were lining up and what it means.
Let's take a look at some of the more interesting fantasy football stories from a snap count perspective.
Utilizing Randall Cobb
Every team wants to have its own Percy Harvin, and the Green Bay Packers might have a similar player in Cobb. They have been creatively using him, just as the Vikings do with Harvin, having him return kicks and line up in the backfield in addition to his role as a receiver. But the difference is how often each player is on the field. Harvin was taken off the field far too much last season, and this season Minnesota has made a point of rectifying that. Whether forced through injuries or by design, the Packers are now doing the same with Cobb.
To read more about how snap counts have fantasy implications for Green Bay's Randall Cobb, Oakland's running backs and Indianapolis' tight ends, plus access to all of Insider's NFL coverage, sign up today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 10
Doug Martin has put up 100 fantasy points in ESPN standard leagues over the past three weeks. What will he do for an encore?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 10 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 10 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
• Byes: Browns, Cardinals, Packers, Redskins
Week 10 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry's Love/Hate: Doug Martin backlash
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 10
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 9
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 10 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 10 rankings reaction
• Pro FB Focus: Evaluating snap counts
• Football Outsiders: Good/bad matchups
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Joyner: Time to deal Eli Manning?
• Goal-Line Grid: Through Week 9
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 9 recap
• Friday: Fantasy Football Now
• Thursday: Berry's Love/Hate
• Wednesday: Colts-Jaguars preview
• Wednesday: Fantasy Focus on rankings
• Tuesday: Value of Eagles weapons
• Monday: Replacing McFadden
• Monday: Martin, Luck shine
• Fri. Focus: Week 10 preview
• Thu. Focus: Week 10 rankings explanation
• Underground: Doug Martin, Eli Manning
• Wed. Focus: Steelers, Colts RB issues
• Tue. Focus: MNF recap, injury updates
• Mon. Focus: Week 9 recap
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 2 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Tuesday 11 a.m. ET: AJ Mass
• Monday 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft