Time to trade Calvin Johnson?
Fantasy Foresight: Reviewing Megatron, Philadelphia wide receivers
Most fantasy owners would concur that this year has been disappointing in terms of fantasy scoring among some of the league's best running backs and tight ends. However, other positions haven't been immune from this malady either.
For example, take wide receivers. Players like A.J. Green, Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson and Percy Harvin have all rewarded their owners, but numerous others have fallen far short of meeting expectations.
Some of those players have pushed owners to the point of selling them off -- or at least considering it -- so this week's Fantasy Foresight article aims to help with that process by reviewing three disappointing wide receivers and offering suggestions as to how to proceed with them.
Megatron won the honor of highest average draft pick among wideouts by a big margin, as he was typically the only wideout selected in the first round of most drafts.
Johnson has certainly not been worth that draft slot, as he came into Week 8 ranked 16th among fantasy wide receivers and his four-point performance against the Seattle Seahawks will not help improve that ranking.
To see why owners should keep Calvin Johnson and to get more of the answers to fantasy football's biggest questions, plus access to all of Insider's NFL coverage, sign up today.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Harris: Will Jordan Reed become top-tier TE?
- Matthew Berry: Love (and extra hate) for Week 8
- Fantasy Football Week 8 quarterback rankings
- Karabell: Week 8 flex rankings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 9
Ray Rice and Arian Foster are both back from their bye weeks, with each facing very favorable matchups.
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 9 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 9 fantasy inactives • Byes: 49ers, Jets, Patriots, Rams
Week 9 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry's Love/Hate: Letting go
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 9
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 8
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 9 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 9 rankings reaction
• Pro FB Focus: Stealthy WR targets
• Football Outsiders: Top matchups
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Goal-Line Grid: Through Week 8
• Joyner: Calvin Johnson trade market
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 8 recap
• Friday: Fantasy Football Now
• Thursday: Berry's Love/Hate
• Wednesday: Chiefs-Chargers preview
• Wednesday: Fantasy Focus on rankings
• Tuesday: Working the Wire
• Monday: Titus Young's value
• Monday: Vick, Stafford questions
• Fri. Focus: Week 9 preview
• Thu. Focus: Week 9 rankings explanation
• Underground: LeSean McCoy, Philip Rivers
• Wed. Focus: Injury updates
• Tue. Focus: Injury talk, MNF recap
• Mon. Focus: Week 8 recap
• Friday, 2 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Friday, 11:15 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Tuesday 11 a.m. ET: AJ Mass
• Monday 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft