How Buffalo is splitting carries
Snap counts reveal fantasy implications for Buffalo RBs, St. Louis WRs
Another week of football is in the books. Before we kick everything off again Thursday night, we have a chance to look a little deeper at the snap data.
As you know, the league now makes limited snap data available to everyone in for every game, but only Pro Football Focus can take you far deeper into those numbers and tell you what players were doing on any given snap, where they were lining up and what it means.
So let's take a quick spin around the league and look at some of the more interesting fantasy football stories from the PFF data pile.
Splitting carries in Buffalo's backfield
The Buffalo Bills might be floundering this season but one area in which they are faced with an embarrassment of riches is at running back, where both C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson have been making people miss for fun and racking up yardage. Due to injuries suffered by both players, they have each had a chance to carry the load and with both now healthy, the Bills are faced with the challenge of balancing the backfield between the two.
To read more about how snap counts have fantasy implications for Buffalo's backfield, St. Louis' WRs and Denver's tight ends, plus access to all of Insider's NFL coverage, sign up today.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Week 9: Start/sit advice, two-start pitchers, ranks
- Kevin Gausman profile; top 10 fantasy prospects for '13
- Bits: Breaking down Kevin Gausman's debut
- Closer Report: Sell high on Grilli, Perez?
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 8
How many fantasy points will Tom Brady put up overseas as the Patriots head to London to face the Rams?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 8 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 8 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
• Byes: Bengals, Bills, Ravens, Texans
Week 8 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry's Love/Hate
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Daube: Trendspotting
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 8
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 7
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Kavanagh: Week 8 cheat sheet
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 8 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 8 rankings reaction
• Football Outsiders: Top matchups
• Pro FB Focus: Analyzing platoons (Bills RBs)
• Goal-Line Grid: Through Week 7
• Joyner: Chris Johnson trade market
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 7 recap
• Friday: Fantasy Football Now
• Thursday: Berry's Love/Hate
• Wednesday: Buccaneers-Vikings preview
• Wednesday: Fantasy Focus on rankings
• Tuesday: Sell-high players
• Monday: Replacing Fred Davis
• Monday: Chris Johnson breaks out
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 2 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Monday 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft