Jets WR a surprisingly good add
Snap counts reveal big fantasy implications for Jeremy Kerley
Snap data is now available to anyone willing to download game books. Each week, it seems, beat writers from around the country put an emphasis on how many snaps a given player was on the field for; however, that doesn't provide much help in understanding a player's fantasy value and potential.
At Pro Football Focus, we have been keeping our own snap data for years, and we go a lot deeper into snap numbers. We break down whether those snaps were run or pass plays, what the players did on those snaps and where they lined up.
Here's a look into some of this week's top fantasy football topics from an in-depth snap count perspective.
Jeremy Kerley's role in the Jets' receiving corps
With the New York Jets running so low on receivers that Terrell Owens is openly offering his services to them, one of the few holdovers from the fully healthy roster is Kerley, who previously was primarily a slot receiver in their offense (playing 86 percent of his snaps at that position). Santonio Holmes is now gone for the year, and while rookie Stephen Hill should return, that will still leave Kerley with a hugely expanded role. But exactly how much extra playing time will Kerley receive? And what will that mean from a fantasy perspective?
To read more about how snap counts have fantasy implications for Jeremy Kerley, Jacquizz Rodgers, Michael Turner and Brent Celek, plus access to all of Insider's NFL coverage, sign up today.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Kaiser: Which Gasol do you want in fantasy?
- Karabell: Top fantasy prospects for 2015
- McCormick: Sixers who gain value after Wroten's injury
- Carpenter: Guards, small forwards who block shots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 6
Reggie Wayne is back on the fantasy radar for sure after a career-high 212-yard game. What's next for him against the Jets this week?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 6 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 6 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
• Byes: Bears, Jaguars, Panthers, Saints
Week 6 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry's Love/Hate
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Daube: Trendspotting
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 6
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 5
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Kavanagh: Week 6 cheat sheet
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 6 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 6 rankings reaction
• Football Outsiders: Top matchups
• Pro Football Focus: Keep eye on Kerley
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Joyner: Running backs to target
• Goal-Line Grid: Through Week 5
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 5 recap
• Friday: Fantasy Football Now
• Thursday: Berry's Love/Hate
• Wednesday: Steelers-Titans preview
• Wednesday: Fantasy Focus on rankings
• Tuesday: What to do with Andre Johnson?
• Monday: Ahmad Bradshaw's value
• Monday: Focus -- Vick's woes, waiver help
• Fri. Focus: Week 5 preview
• Thu. Focus: Steelers-Titans; Colts injury
• Underground: Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush
• Wed. Focus: Rankings talk; Hard Justice
• Tue. Focus: Injury talk; Reggie Wayne
• Mon. Focus: Week 5 recap
• Friday, 1 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Monday 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft