It's time to trade Michael Vick
Fantasy Foresight: Vick, worst run defenses and effect of the Revis injury
There are so many good topics to cover in this week's Fantasy Foresight, that it was difficult to pick a theme. Instead, the piece will focus on some on fantasy football's biggest questions right now. Is it time to for owners to give up on Michael Vick? Which wideouts benefit most from Darrelle Revis' injury? Which are the worst run defenses in the NFL?
Let's jump right in and get started.
Is it time for fantasy owners to throw in the towel on Vick?
Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid drew headlines recently when he made comments that seemed to indicate he might be considering changing his starting quarterback.
Fantasy owners with Vick on their roster had to breathe a sigh of relief when Reid backtracked and was adamant about Vick being the starter, but Vick's six interceptions and two lost fumbles this year have to have those same owners wondering if it's time to start putting together their own Plan B at quarterback.
After reviewing the tape, it's clear alternate options are almost certain to be a necessity in this case.
Vick not only has the eight aforementioned turnovers, he also has racked up eight bad decisions in only three games (a bad decision is defined as a mental error by a passer that leads to a turnover opportunity for the opposing team).
To read more about why fantasy owners should give up on Michael Vick and more of the answers to fantasy football's biggest questions, plus access to all of Insider's NFL coverage, sign up today.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Four Downs: Andrew Luck disappoints
- Harris: Six lessons from 2014 fantasy season
- Karabell: Week 16 flex rankings
- Berry: Punishing fantasy 'losers'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 4
Chris Johnson has been one of the biggest fantasy busts so far this season. Is this the week he finally turns things around?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 4 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 4 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list • Byes: Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers
Week 4 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry's Love/Hate
• IDP Rankings for Week 4
• Daube: Trendspotting
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 3
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 3
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Kavanagh: Week 4 cheat sheet
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 4 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 4 rankings reaction
• Football Outsiders: Top matchups
• Pro Football Focus: Welker's value
• Goal-Line Grid: Week 3 data
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Joyner: Time to trade Vick
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 3 recap
• Friday: Fantasy Football Now
• Thursday: Berry's Love/Hate
• Wednesday: Browns-Ravens preview
• Wednesday: Fantasy Focus on rankings
• Tuesday: Aaron Rodgers' value
• Monday: Dolphins RB situation
• Monday: Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson
• Fri. Focus: Week 3 preview
• Thu. Focus: RB injuries; Browns-Ravens
• Fantasy Underground: Leshoure, Turner
• Wed. Focus: Hard Justice; Gates, Rodgers
• Tues. Focus: MNF, injury update
• Mon. Focus: Week 3 recap
• Friday, 1 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Monday 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft