Give up on Jason Witten
Fantasy Foresight: Examining Brandon Lloyd, Randy Moss and Jason Witten
- Barry Chin/Getty ImagesBrandon Lloyd should be more involved in the Patriots offense in coming weeks.
It's only two weeks into the 2012 NFL season, and a sample size that small normally means it's too early to throw in the towel on a player.
There are exceptions to every rule, though, so this week's Fantasy Foresight article will concentrate on reviewing players who are causing fantasy owners to mull over whether to keep fishing with them or to go ahead and cut bait.
Let's start with the guys you should hold onto a little longer.
Lloyd hasn't exactly exploded out of the gate fantasy points-wise, as he has posted only six points in each of his first two games in a Patriots uniform.
But those numbers don't illustrate just how big of a part of this offense he has become. Lloyd has been targeted 21 times, which is the most on the team, and nine of those targets have been of the vertical variety (meaning they were thrown 11 or more yards downfield). In addition, he and Tom Brady were just a bit out of sync on a post route against the Titans in Week 1 that could easily have turned into a 48-yard touchdown.
To read more about which fantasy players you should keep and give up on, including Jason Witten and Chris Johnson, plus access to all of Insider's NFL coverage, sign up today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 3
C.J. Spiller has had two huge fantasy weeks in place of Fred Jackson. Can he make it three straight 20-point games?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 3 Projections
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 3 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
Week 3 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry's Love/Hate: Making the tough calls
• IDP Rankings for Week 3
• Daube: Trendspotting
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 3
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 2
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Kavanagh: Week 3 cheat sheet
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 3 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 3 rankings reaction
• Football Outsiders: Top matchups
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Pro Football Focus: WRs to target
• Goal-Line Grid: Week 2 data
• Joyner: Top names to drop now
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 2 recap
• Friday: Fantasy Football Now
• Thursday: Berry's Love/Hate
• Wednesday: Fantasy Focus on rankings
• Wednesday: Giants/Panthers preview
• Tuesday: Michael Turner's value
• Tuesday: Peyton Manning's value
• Monday: Reggie Bush's value
• Monday: Top waiver picks
• Fri. Focus: Week 3 preview
• Thu. Focus: Ranks, Giants-Panthers preview
• Fantasy Underground: RG3, Welker
• Wed. Focus: Pats WRs, sell-high candidates
• Tues. Focus: MNF, injury update
• Mon. Focus: Week 2 recap
• Friday, 1 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Tuesday 11 a.m. ET: AJ Mass
• Monday 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft