Don't worry about Chris Johnson
Fantasy Foresight: Examining CJ2K, Mark Sanchez and Russell Wilson
The Pass Plays fantasy football article series is retiring after four years of service to make way for a new series called Fantasy Foresight that will use a variety of metrics and matchup reviews to answer some of the questions many fantasy football owners have on their minds. What separates Foresight from a number of other fantasy advice articles is that we'll take into account long-term planning in the decision-making process. After all, a truly enlightened fantasy owner focuses on far more than just the week ahead and the week that was. With Foresight, you can get out ahead of the curve while your opponents are still focused on the here and now.
Now, let's take a look ahead, shall we?
Is this season going to be a repeat of Chris Johnson's first-half debacle in 2011?
Let's start by bringing up that time-worn adage of not blowing a single game performance out of proportion. After all, this is only one week out of a 16-game season.
Keeping that in mind, the Titans did have more than a few run-blocking issues (they graded out as having good blocking on only two plays) that contributed to Johnson gaining only 4 yards on the ground.
But the most notable reason for Johnson's poor showing is that he had only 11 carries. Tennessee's offense couldn't give him any more of a workload because the Titans fell behind 14-3 early in the second quarter and were down 21-3 by halftime.
To read more about whether Chris Johnson's bad Week 1 start is cause for concern, plus fantasy advice on Mark Sanchez and access to all of Insider's NFL coverage, sign up today.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Daube: Foster worth the risk early
- Fantasy football: 2014 Mock Draft No. 3
- Karabell: Add Billy Burns now
- Crawford: Top 10 fantasy baseball prospects
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 2
Robert Griffin III had a dynamic NFL debut. What will he do for an encore against the Rams?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 2 Projections
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 2 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
Week 2 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry's Love/Hate: Overreaction Theater
• IDP Rankings for Week 2
• Daube: Trendspotting
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 2
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 1
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 2 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 2 rankings reaction
• numberFire: Top Eliminator picks
• Football Outsiders: Top matchups
• Goal-Line Grid: Week 1 data
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Joyner: Don't worry about Chris Johnson
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 1 recap
• Friday: Fantasy Football Now
• Thursday: Berry's Love/Hate
• Wednesday: Fantasy Focus on rankings
• Wednesday: Packers/Bears preview
• Tuesday: Impact of Fred Jackson injury
• Tuesday: Joe Flacco not top-10 QB yet
• Monday: Top waiver picks
• Fri. Focus: Week 2 preview
• Thu. Focus: Injuries, Bears-Packers preview
• Fantasy Underground: AP, MJD, CJ2K
• Wed. Focus: Welker, Dwyer & Hard Justice
• Tues. Focus: MNF, injury update
• Mon. Focus: Week 1 recap
• Friday, 1 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell (Injuries)
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: K.C. Joyner
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Tuesday 11 a.m. ET: AJ Mass
• Monday 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft