Engel: Week 2 player rankings
- Here are my lineup rankings for the second week of the 2007 schedule. While you will notice that many of the top superstars have stayed near the top of the board, a few notable names, such as Larry Johnson and Marques Colston, have dropped due to their early performances that could ultimately point toward a disappointing outlook in the weeks ahead. Matchups also play a heavy factor in their noticeably lower ratings this week.
Of course, I am sure not to get caught up in "matchup overanalysis." Matchups should customarily be used to make decisions between two players who have similar values, not to use one much lower-ranked player over another with much better historical production. Of course, nothing in fantasy football is absolute across the board, but I'm not going to sit my superstars, since the best players often produce good numbers against any opponent.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM