Notebook: Going Around Minicamps
• Following up on the prime story from last week's Offseason Notebook, there are now conflicting reports on the status of Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander's left foot. Alexander originally said the foot may still be cracked, but coach Mike Holmgren emphatically shot down such talk. "There's no crack in it. I don't know why he said what he said," Holmgren told the Seattle Times. Alexander has been looking sharp in minicamps, and there are no reported plans to have the foot examined again in the near future. As a fantasy owner, Alexander's original statements still make me wary, and I am not going to use a top-five fantasy pick on a player with some lingering uncertainty about his health.
• Eagles QB Donovan McNabb (knee surgery) is now expected to be ready for training camp, according to the Associated Press. He is running and throwing and is on target for a full return when workouts begin on July 27. "He's been throwing once a week, and he looks good in that area," coach Andy Reid said. Earlier reports indicated McNabb would be ready to play by the Eagles' second preseason game. Barring any setbacks, many fantasy owners should get a better read on his progress before their 2007 drafts. All reports have been positive so far, though, and McNabb looks like a good value selection if he drops past the fifth round in many drafts.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Karabell: Rankings reaction
- Fantasy Football Week 15 QB rankings
- Daube: Week 14 fantasy trends
- Harris: Week 15 free-agent finds