Engel: AFC West Offseason Fantasy Outlook
- We conclude our team-by-team offseason fantasy outlooks in the AFC West. We'll examine every squad in the division from the offensive side of the ball as we begin to prepare for the 2007 season.
Quarterback: Jake Plummer is gone, and Jay Cutler is now the quarterback of the present and the future. Cutler was a quick study when he took over for Plummer last year, and he was looking like a steady fantasy player by season's end. Cutler will continue to learn on the job, and should perform adequately from the statistical perspective. The Broncos have surrounded him with quality talent and won't put unnecessary pressure on him. Cutler can simply benefit from a strong running game, good blocking and dependable receivers. Cutler should be drafted as a possibly reliable starting option with some occasional upside in the ninth or 10th round of yearly fantasy drafts.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kansas City Chiefs Classic KO Black Hoodie