FFL: One-man mock
1. LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, Chargers: He should easily be the first pick in most yearly leagues after coming off the best season of his career.
2. Larry Johnson, RB, Chiefs: Don't worry about him wearing down after setting an NFL record for carries. He didn't become a regular starter until the second half of the 2005 season.
3. Steven Jackson, RB, Rams: He delivered the outstanding breakthrough season expected of him in 2006, and was a great surprise as a pass catcher also.
4. Shaun Alexander, RB, Seahawks: Even if he doesn't come close to his 2005 production again, he'll return to being the durable, highly productive fantasy RB he has been for most of his career so far.
5. Frank Gore, RB, 49ers: The 49ers will continue to improve next season, and Gore will be leading the charge. He'll be the crux of their offense as it gains more respect.
6. Brian Westbrook, RB, Eagles: One of the best RBs in the NFL and fantasy football for all-around production, you could see him go a spot or two higher in leagues that award points for receptions.
7. Willie Parker, RB, Steelers: Erased any lingering doubts about his ability to play regularly and his big weeks are often the key to many fantasy victories.
8. Rudi Johnson, RB, Bengals: You can't argue with the numbers. He has rushed for more than 1,300 yards in each of the past three seasons, and has scored 12 times in each of those campaigns.
9. Peyton Manning, QB, Colts: He's a very safe pick, because every year, he posts fine fantasy numbers. Someone will inevitably take him in the first round in many drafts.
10. Ronnie Brown, RB, Dolphins: Expect him to become a very good fantasy starter next year, as he scores more often and improves as a pass catcher.
11. Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jaguars: He may never become a full-timer, but he can score any time he touches the ball, from anywhere on the field. His TD numbers will continue to be outstanding.
12. Brandon Jacobs, RB, Giants: He will be picked earlier than this slot in many leagues. Jacobs will be the most talked-about possible breakthrough player for 2007.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Hoops Forecaster: Feb. 2-8
- Carpenter: Roto strategy: Managing games played
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Feb. 2-8
- Kaiser: Which Gasol do you want in fantasy?