FFL: RB Schedule Analysis
- Here is the second of our two parts on NFL teams with favorable and challenging schedules for the final weeks of the season, viewed from a fantasy perspective. We now look at scheduling for running backs during the final seven weeks of the season, as you prepare for your playoff drive. Here is Tuesday's article on quarterbacks/wide receivers.
Here are teams with favorable upcoming schedules for running backs.
Tennessee: The Titans should continue to focus on the ground game as they play out the schedule and don't put too much pressure on rookie quarterback Vince Young. Travis Henry has played well enough recently to keep his job and has a few friendly matchups ahead. On Sunday, he takes on the Eagles, who are allowing more than 120 yards per game, and then he faces the NFL's worst rushing defense, Indianapolis (159.3 YPG) in Week 13. A date with the Texans (131.3 YPG, 10 rushing TDs allowed) follows. Henry takes on the Jaguars on Week 15, who are ranked 14th in the NFL against the run (103.7 YPG). A Week 12 matchup with the eight-ranked Giants is the only major roadblock to a good finish. If your fantasy Super Bowl is Week 16 or earlier, then you don't have to worry about the third-ranked Patriots in Week 17.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM