FFL mailbag: June 9
Originally Published: June 9, 2006By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Rick, Winnipeg, Manitoba: I'm in a 12-team keeper league and I draft last. I've got Carson Palmer and I was wondering if I should offer Terrell Owens for Marc Bulger and LaMont Jordan, or should I wait to draft a QB (Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger are available)? I also have Larry Johnson and Steve Smith. Engel: I don't see an urgent need to trade for a QB in a keeper league when you have Palmer. Most reports are indicating his recovery from knee surgery is going well, and he might be ready for the season opener. I wouldn't deal Owens for a QB who you would use for only a short period over Palmer, if at all. There's a chance you might not have to sit Palmer early in the year. Acquiring Jordan makes sense as you could have a terrific backfield with Johnson and Jordan, but Owens could have a outstanding first season with Dallas and you might regret trading him. Plus, the other owner could conceivably ask for more than Owens if you want both Bulger and Jordan. Forget the trade, draft the best RB available with your first pick to pair with Johnson, then start focusing on a QB with your second pick. Both Brees and Roethlisberger could still be available at that point.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com