FFL: Edge to the Cards
Originally Published: March 13, 2006By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- The biggest move of the fantasy football offseason was made official on Sunday, as Edgerrin James signed a four-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals. The switch to a new team obviously alters James' value for the 2006 season, while opening up a starting slot in Indianapolis. Immediately, the question arises: Can James continue to be an elite running back on a team that has been an annual source of disappointing rushing numbers? The Cardinals haven't had a 1,000-yard rusher since 1998, and only three of their RBs have surpassed the century mark since the team moved to Arizona in 1988. Last year, Arizona ranked last in the NFL in rushing, and an injury-riddled and ineffective offensive line used 11 different starters and six different starting combinations overall.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com