FFL: Running in place
Originally Published: March 7, 2006By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- While the NFL's players and owners workded on hammering out a new labor agreement this past week, two teams didn't wait for a possible deal to emerge, and moved quickly to sign their No. 1 running backs. In the process, they took one very big name off the free-agent market and another will get one more chance to show he's not finished. Fantasy leaguers won't have to wonder anymore where Shaun Alexander might end up and how a move to another team might affect his fantasy value. And Ahman Green, no longer regarded as an elite running back, now has the incentive to prove he can still be a very productive player. Alexander and Green struck new deals with the Seahawks and Packers, respectively, so now we can focus on how each player will be viewed for the upcoming year and beyond instead of speculating more about their outlooks.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com