Originally Published: February 2, 2006By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Minnesota Vikings play-by-play announcer Paul Allen has an unmistakable voice. You've heard him call some of the Vikings' biggest plays over the last four years during "SportsCenter" highlight packages. The 39-year-old co-host of the popular "P.A. and Dubay" morning show on KFAN Radio has long been a staple of the Minnesota sports scene, and his love of sports spreads well outside the broadcast booth. Allen, who has been with KFAN since 1998, also hosts a weekend NFL show on Sirius Satellite Radio. When he's not talking football or making memorable calls on Sundays, Allen is a horse racing track announcer at Minnesota's Canterbury Park, a position he has held for 11 years. On the air, few are as entertaining and crisp as Allen. He has become well-known for his distinctive descriptions of unique Randy Moss catches in the past, and his emotional reaction to the Vikings missing the playoffs at the end of the 2003 season in a stunning last-second loss to Arizona. When he's not behind the microphone, though, the first place you can find Allen is in a room drafting or watching games with other fantasy football and basketball players, or on the computer checking the progress of his several fantasy teams.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com