We answer your important keeper and 2006 draft questions.
Originally Published: January 20, 2006By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Benji, Dallas: Herman Edwards' hiring in Kansas City stirs things in the mind of the fantasy owner. Who will start in the backfield behind Trent Green? Engel: Herman Edwards has already reportedly told Larry Johnson he will be Kansas City's starting running back for 2006. If Priest Holmes does elect to return, he might have to play much less than he did in the past. Johnson is clearly the future of the Chiefs' offense, and Edwards has shown a clear commitment to the running game in the past. It's in question whether Holmes will even play next year, and Johnson became even more of an outstanding runner in 2005, as he developed more patience on inside runs and read his blockers better. Johnson should be the first player picked in many fantasy leagues next year.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Kaiser: Impact of Bledsoe, Westbrook, Pekovic returns
- Camp Tour: Will Ruggiano bounce back?
- Camp Tour: D-backs' Owings, Pollock
- Fantasy Hockey: Top 200 rankings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com