FFL: Monday Outlook
Originally Published: December 19, 2005By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- The inevitable benching of the Colts' starters now seems even more of a reality. Fantasy owners of Peyton Manning and Edgerrin James are already making alternative plans for Weeks 16 and 17. Tony Dungy has said some of his top performers should continue to play in the final two games. But with nothing left to play for except finishing out the schedule, his best offensive guys will likely not play full games even if they start. Dungy has already indicated backup QB Jim Sorgi could see some action on Saturday at Seattle. The risk factor of using Colts players for your fantasy playoffs in Weeks 16 and 17 is obvious. But there are other teams to consider as the NFL playoff picture comes into clearer view. Here's a look at the ballclubs who still are in the race, and how their results might affect your strategies for the remainder of the fantasy postseason. NFC Seattle (12-2): After the Bears won on Sunday night, the Seahawks' magic number to clinch home-field advantage in the NFC playoffs is now one. So the Week 16 game against the Colts obviously has much more meaning for Seattle than Indianapolis, and all the team's key offensive starters should play close to a full game. A win or Chicago loss in Week 16 seals up the number one seed in the NFC, and the Seahawks play one day before Chicago, so don't worry about your Seahawks. Week 17 against the Packers, though, could become a showcase for Shaun Alexander to possibly chase statistical goals, and not much else. So he should be a fine starter for the final two games even if Seattle has nothing to play for in the finale. Matt Hasselbeck, however, could see some very limited action against Green Bay.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com