FFL: Week 14 Matchups
Originally Published: December 9, 2005By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Every week, we preview all of the upcoming games from a fantasy perspective. To help you with lineup decisions, we give you matchups to exploit, key starting choices and advice on whom to leave on your bench. Baltimore at Denver: The Ravens are banged up on the offensive line, which means Jamal Lewis won't find much running room and QB Kyle Boller will have to take some short drops to avoid heavy pass pressure. The Broncos could dominate time of possession here, and Mike Anderson should be good for at least one score. Jake Plummer will use play-action passing and rollouts effectively and should be able to find WR Rod Smith open for at least one score. Start and Smile: Mike Anderson, Rod Smith. Watch and Worry: Jamal Lewis. Chicago at Pittsburgh: The Bears will try to slam Thomas Jones into an unforgiving Pittsburgh front wall with little success, but some play-action passing from Kyle Orton might be necessary to open things up, and he could also throw to his RB to keep the defense off balance. Willie Parker will have little success trying to penetrate through the NFL's most fearsome defensive line. But the Bears' secondary might have some trouble containing Hines Ward, and if he scores, that could be the difference in a low-scoring affair. Start and Smile: Hines Ward. Watch and Worry: Willie Parker.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com