FFL: Week 13 Statbook
Updated: December 1, 2005, 4:08 PM ETBy Tristan H. Cockcroft | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Tennessee at Indianapolis: In these teams' last meeting in Week 4, QB Steve McNair passed for 220 yards, one touchdown and one interception and RB Chris Brown rushed 10 times for 31 yards and no scores. Both players are battling injuries heading into this game, and they'll each be facing Colts defensive units (pass and run) that rank among the league's top 10. ... QB Peyton Manning has averaged 271.9 passing yards with 20 TDs and six interceptions in his last eight games; scale that to a 16-game season and he'd have 4,350 passing yards and 40 TDs, which would be well within reach of his remarkable 2004 numbers. He has thrown for 943 yards and nine TDs in his last three games against the Titans, the league's 20th-ranked secondary (211.6 ypg) and one that has allowed 22 TDs (second-most). ... RB Edgerrin James has topped 100 scrimmage yards and scored a TD in each of his last five games against the Titans. He's averaging 27.6 touches per game, so enjoy using him while you can; he might soon be rested for the playoffs once Indianapolis clinches the No. 1 seed in the AFC. Green Bay at Chicago: QB Brett Favre could be making his final start in Soldier Field, and he has history on his side; he has completed a touchdown pass in 26 consecutive games against the Bears, an NFL record against one opponent. However, even if he extends that record, he's a high-risk fantasy option. Favre has averaged 228.6 passing yards with five TDs and 11 interceptions in his last five games, and he'll be facing the Bears' No. 1-ranked pass defense (161.5 ypg). ... RB Samkon Gado is another risky play, despite two 100-yard rushing efforts in his last three games. He has fumbled four times in those three contests and has averaged 2.4 yards per carry in the second half of games, down from 3.9 in the first half. That suggests he'll likely wear down quickly against the Bears' physical, sixth-ranked rush defense (92.6 ypg). ... RB Thomas Jones has rushed for 100-plus yards in each of his last three games against the Packers, with three TDs during that span. Green Bay's rush defense has played better than its No. 23 ranking (120.8 ypg), but Jones still stacks up well for this matchup. Jacksonville at Cleveland: QB David Garrard makes his fourth career start; he completed 45 of 89 passes (50.6 percent) for 462 yards, two touchdowns and one interception in his first three, though he did rush 23 times for 120 yards and a score. He'll need to pass better than that to help a fantasy team, and considering he's facing the Browns' underrated No. 13 pass defense (196.4 ypg), it's better to keep him on your bench this week and evaluate him for future matchups. ... RB Greg Jones has rushed 48 times for 184 yards and two TDs in two starts as the tailback the past three weeks, and he seems likely to get the nod again Sunday. The Browns do a fine job defending in the red zone, ranked No. 1 with 15 TDs in 33 trips (45.5 percent), but still sport a 28th-ranked rush defense (128.5 ypg). Jones is a fine play, especially in yardage-heavy leagues. ... RB Reuben Droughns has three 100-yard efforts and two TDs while averaging 101.7 rushing yards in his last six games. He's performing too well to reserve, though you should temper your expectations as he faces the Jaguars' 14th-ranked rush defense (102.5 ypg).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com