FFL: Week 12 Recap
Originally Published: November 28, 2005By Jason Langendorf | Scouts Inc.
- Playing cornerback in the NFL is a little like starring in a one-man Broadway show: Have an off day, and everyone knows it. Just ask CBs Duane Starks (Patriots), Dexter McCleon (Chiefs) and Ahmad Carroll (Packers), two of whom already have been dumped as starters. And you can bet Green Bay will be eyeballing Virginia Tech CB Jimmy Williams in the first round as a potential replacement for Carroll next season. And though the light can suddenly come on for a kid corner, a simple scheme tweak can plug a leak, and just a little time for players and coaches to get acquainted can solidify a secondary, the fact remains: If a DB consistently gets cooked, the team probably doesn't have a better alternative--or much hope of a drastic immediate turnaround. And there is no better way to combat an injury or tough matchup for a star receiver than exploiting these poor souls.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com