FFL: QB Notebook
Originally Published: November 7, 2005By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Every week, we take an in-depth look at the three major fantasy football skill positions. On Mondays, we discuss quarterbacks. Look for running backs Wednesdays and wide receivers Thursdays. Fading Favre?: There was a widespread belief entering Week 9 that even though Brett Favre struggled in Week 8 against the Bengals, he would still be a fine fantasy starter. Logic dictated that with a depleted supporting cast, Favre would have to throw often, and his TD and yardage numbers would be healthy as a result. Well, if Sunday's performance was any indication of what we can expect from Favre the rest of the year, he's not going to post his best numbers against sturdy opponents. The Steelers held Favre without a TD pass, the second time this year that has happened to him. With a mediocre running game and a receiving crew that dropped several passes, Favre threw for 214 yards and had a pass intercepted. He also lost a fumble.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com