FFL: Week 9 Recap
Originally Published: November 7, 2005By Jason Langendorf | Scouts Inc.
- Rather than bore you with yet another self-indulgent column lead-in, I'll give you a one-week break and just get to my not-so-random fantasy thoughts from Week 9 straight away: Two players who need to do a lot more to convince me that Week 9 wasn't an aberration: QB Michael Vick and RB Michael Bennett. Against Miami, Vick looked fantastic as a passer for the first time in well, I threw that year's calendar away, but let's just say it has been awhile. Bennett is a home run hitter who needs lots of swings, er, carries and a crease from his blockers. He won't get either of them often in Minnesota. Vick at least showed more patience in the pocket this week and has some favorable matchups ahead, but I don't trust him to provide in the second half what fantasy owners thought they were buying back in August. It probably won't happen for him this year, but file away the name of San Francisco RB Frank Gore for future reference. He runs with a purpose, and his burst doesn't look like it belongs to a back who has had multiple knee injuries.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com