FFL: Week 9 Statbook
Updated: November 4, 2005, 4:15 PM ETBy Tristan H. Cockcroft | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Bye Week: Buffalo, Dallas, Denver and St. Louis. Tennessee at Cleveland: RB Chris Brown has 47 carries for 218 yards (4.6 average) and three touchdowns in his last three games. RB Travis Henry only had one carry in his first game back from a suspension, and while he'll likely see more in future weeks, Brown should still get the most work against the Browns, the league's 27th-ranked rush defense (133.9 ypg). He's a useful "flex" option. ... RB Reuben Droughns has 39 carries for 199 yards (5.1 average) in his last two games, and he had 121 scrimmage yards and three TDs in his only career game against the Titans. He's performing well enough to warrant "flex" consideration. ... WR Antonio Bryant had four catches for 98 yards in Week 8 and has averaged 4.2 receptions and 55.8 yards and has six touchdowns in 17 games since joining the Browns. Tennessee has allowed more passing TDs than any other team in the league (17), so consider Bryant as a No. 3 or 4 option. Oakland at Kansas City: QB Kerry Collins has thrown for 823 yards, six touchdowns and one interception in his last three games against the Chiefs, whose secondary ranks 31st (274.7 ypg). He has averaged 266.5 passing yards with 29 TDs and 14 interceptions in his last 17 games, so expect another solid outing on Sunday. ... WR Jerry Porter is coming off his best game of the season -- six catches for 123 yards and 2 TD -- and he has 19 receptions for 281 yards and two scores in his last four games against Kansas City. This is a prime week to use him as a No. 3 option. ... RB Priest Holmes has scored a touchdown in five straight games against the Raiders; he has averaged 183.0 scrimmage yards with six TDs during that span. He's a health risk for Sunday due to a concussion, but if he's healthy, expect another solid outing against Oakland's 19th-ranked rush defense (115.9 ypg). ... TE Tony Gonzalez has finally picked things up, with 14 catches for 164 yards and a touchdown in his last two games. He has seven career TDs against the Raiders, his most against any opponent.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com