FFL: Sunday Review
Originally Published: October 30, 2005By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Here are 10 key fantasy observations from Sunday's games, with analysis of the important trends and an eye toward next week and beyond. Jackson achieving stardom: In the past few weeks, it has become apparent that Steven Jackson is emerging as an outstanding fantasy RB. While there is no doubt Jackson is one of the league's best runners in the red zone, his yardage output and all-around play has been improving as well. Jackson rushed for a career-best 179 yards against a usually sturdy Jaguars defense, and he added a 19-yard scoring reception. Once Jackson gets to the second level and starts gaining momentum, he is one of the most difficult backs in the league for defenders to bring down. He has scored seven times in the past five games and has now become a regular scoring force, no matter the opposition. If Jackson is your No. 2 fantasy RB, keep him in the lineup every week. Even if his yardage numbers sometimes disappoint, his constant visits to the end zone make him a safe start every week, and that's often hard to find. Frustrating Favre: Many Brett Favre owners expected a very good day from him, but the future Hall of Famer was clearly at a disadvantage with a depleted supporting cast against a Cincinnati defense that leads the NFL with 20 interceptions. For the first time in a regular season game in his career, Favre was intercepted five times. With many of his top offensive weapons out with injuries, Favre clearly tried to carry the offense -- and it showed, as he forced some throws and simply made some bad decisions on other occasions. Turnovers might continue to be a danger with Favre, who will still have some big games down the line but could continue to make mistakes under the pressure of leading an offense without its best playmakers. Favre could have a difficult time at home next week against the Steelers, but he looks like a better play in Week 10 against Cleveland.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com