FFL: Week 7 Matchups
Originally Published: October 21, 2005By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Every week, we preview all the upcoming games from a fantasy perspective. To help you with lineup decisions regarding most non-superstar players, we give you matchups to exploit, key starting choices and advice on whom to leave on your bench. Kansas City at Miami: The short week puts the Miami defense at risk of not having DE Jason Taylor (foot) and OLB Junior Seau (calf). Look for the Chiefs to test the Miami front seven with heavy doses of Priest Holmes. A quality running game should set up Trent Green for some play-action passes downfield to Eddie Kennison. Former Dolphins CB Patrick Surtain returns to face his old teammates, and with knowledge of the Dolphins' personnel and some of their tendencies, he could help give the Chiefs a defensive advantage and he likely will shut down Chris Chambers. Gus Frerotte, however, should rediscover TE Randy McMichael over the middle and in the red zone. Start and Smile: Eddie Kennison, Randy McMichael. Watch and Worry: Gus Frerotte, Chris Chambers. Baltimore at Chicago: It could be another disappointing day for Jamal Lewis, as both of his top fullbacks -- Alan Ricard (calf) and Ovie Mughelli (ankle) -- are listed as questionable. Anthony Wright could be forced to the air on long third downs, and that could mean a lot of sacks and a few turnovers. The Ravens are expected to be without SS Ed Reed (ankle), so Kyle Orton could test the middle with some short passes to Muhsin Muhammad, who could have a good day. The Bears are banged-up on the offensive line, but Thomas Jones still should get a chance to score near the end zone as the Bears move the ball efficiently. Start and Smile: Muhsin Muhammad, Bears special teams/defense. Watch and Worry: Jamal Lewis.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com