FFL: Week 4 Matchups
Originally Published: September 30, 2005By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Every week, we preview all the upcoming games from a fantasy perspective. To help you with lineup decisions regarding most non-superstar players, we give you matchups to exploit, key starting choices and advice on who to leave on your bench. Buffalo at New Orleans: Injuries have ravaged the New Orleans secondary, with SS Jay Bellamy out with a shoulder problem, and top CB Mike McKenzie one of three other prominent Saints DBs to be listed as questionable. Lee Evans could finally get loose for some good yardage here, and a respectable passing game should assure Willis McGahee of seeing some open running room. WR Joe Horn could be slowed by a hamstring problem, further crippling the Saints passing game against a strong Buffalo secondary. But Deuce McAllister could still find the end zone against a run defense that will be weakened by the loss of OLB Takeo Spikes. Start and Smile: Willis McGahee, Lee Evans. Watch and Worry: Aaron Brooks, Donte' Stallworth. Dallas at Oakland: You could see some good passing numbers in this game, as Dallas won't generate enough of a pass rush to contain Kerry Collins and Randy Moss, and the Oakland secondary will have much trouble with the Dallas receivers. When Moss isn't open, Collins will continue to dump off to LaMont Jordan, who could score again and might be busy as a pass receiver even if he gets stuffed often as a runner. TE Courtney Anderson should also get looks on short-range passes, especially near the end zone. Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha will get burned more than once by Terry Glenn, and Drew Bledsoe should be good for more than one TD pass. Start and Smile: Kerry Collins, Courtney Anderson, Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn. Watch and Worry: Dallas defense/special teams.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com