Fantasy Sports Celebrity Lounge:
From TV "Coach" to Fantasy GM
Originally Published: June 29, 2005By Scott Engel | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Actor Bill Fagerbakke has become well-known for two great characters. He played Dauber Dybinski on the long-running TV sitcom, "Coach," and he is the voice of Patrick, the lovable starfish on the smash hit cartoon, "Spongebob Squarepants." Fagerbakke's "Dauber" was a assistant coach and former star player for the fictional Minnesota State University Screaming Eagles. While Dauber was thick-headed and a perfect comedy complement to head coach Hayden Fox (Craig T. Nelson), the real Fagerbakke is much more serious when he is a fantasy football "coach." "I started playing fantasy football in the late 1980s, when keeping scores was still crude and labor-intensive," Fagerbakke said. "A writer for 'Coach' started the league and invited me to play. My initial reaction was that it was a great way for me to get more involved in the NFL as a fan."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com