Get Redick before he returns
Plus: Sneaky stat sources, injury updates and start/sit options
In his weekly Crossover column, Joe Kaiser scours the league and offers his fantasy insight with the help of Insider's team of experts, including Kevin Pelton, Bradford Doolittle, Amin Elhassan, Chad Ford, Tom Haberstroh and David Thorpe. Also included is Joe's injury update chart.
Finding the hidden star in the free-agent crop isn't always the recipe to winning your fantasy league, but it certainly doesn't hurt. Just ask those who picked up Nick Foles in their football league, or the ones who rolled the dice with Chris Davis in their baseball league.
Bringing it back to hoops, we're at a point in the NBA season where the big surprises and overachieving players have already been determined. If you failed to act upon that hunch that Arron Afflalo would break out in 2013-14, well, now you're two months too late.
But there is still a different kind of player you might be able to add, provided that you time it right and/or have the flexibility on your roster to make it possible: the solid role player coming off an injury.
To read more of Joe Kaiser's Insider/Fantasy basketball Crossover column, become an Insider today.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Carpenter: Big men who can produce 3s, steals
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Jan. 26-Feb. 1
- Kaiser: Players to rise with a teammate's trade
- Kaiser: Fantasy impact of Kobe Bryant's injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Forecaster: Jan. 26-Feb. 1
- Setting the table for Week 14 (Jan. 26-Feb. 1) of the fantasy hoops season.
- Big Men, Uncommon Stats
- Channing Frye has plenty of value as a big man who can hit 3-pointers
- Waiting In The Wings
- Which players would gain value if a teammate gets traded away?