Market Watch: Finley, Thomas and Kinsey
Updated: April 2, 2007, 5:00 PM ETBy Neil Tardy | Special to ESPN.com
- In the course of managing my fantasy hoops teams this season (well, micromanaging is probably more like it), I'd check my leagues' free-agent rolls at least four or five times a week. And, more often than not, as I'd scroll through those scores of unclaimed players, searching for 3-point gunners or hustle-category helpers, I'd find the same names leaping off of the intertubes. One was Michael Finley. He had a solid run in Dallas, averaging better than 18 points for seven straight seasons. But for much of this year in San Antonio, the 34-year-old was scoring in single digits while shooting less than 40 percent. He'd slipped from fantasy relevance. Tyrus Thomas was the other name that seemed out of place in fantasy free agency. Thomas scintillated during LSU's run to last season's Final Four, and when he ended up with Chicago on draft night, it seemed like he had a chance to contribute immediately. However, between his own rawness and Scott Skiles' reluctance, the 20-year-old barely played 10 minutes a game the first four months of the season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com