FBA: Upside Players
- Each Monday, Jason Langendorf chimes in with his take on the world of fantasy hoops. If you have a question or comment for Jason, please e-mail him here.
The only thing harder on fantasy owners than a Bruce Bowen or a Trenton Hassell -- someone taking up space (and doing little more) in a team's lineup -- is the dreaded "upside" player. Plenty of decent NBA players are only a jump shot or 10 minutes per game away from being valuable fantasy assets, but how many of them actually seal the deal to make a regular impact on our bottom lines?
Not many. In fact, you probably can count on one hand the number of dogs who have transformed themselves into stat hounds in the last year. (My top preseason breakout candidate, Shaun Livingston, still is chilling in the green room.) But because there always are more lurking out there somewhere, I offer my list of the next group of would-be roto remodels, named after the new patron saint of career makeovers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Kaiser: Impact of Bledsoe, Westbrook, Pekovic returns
- Camp Tour: Will Ruggiano bounce back?
- Camp Tour: D-backs' Owings, Pollock
- Fantasy Hockey: Top 200 rankings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM