FBA: Slow Starters
Originally Published: November 14, 2005By Jason Langendorf | Scouts Inc
- So if you hadn't noticed from my delicious mugshot, I have the Kojak thing going up top. Smooth as a baby's bum. I have no more bad hair days--or good ones, for that matter--but the tradeoff is that I always seem to wind up with a chest cold every year about this time, mostly because I'm not bright enough to check the weather before I venture outside. Right now I sound like the illegitimate love child of Tom Waits and Phyllis Diller. But it's also the season of big mistakes for fantasy hoopheads, who frantically fire bottom-roster players to and from the waiver wire in the first month of the season in an effort to scoop up the last remaining nuggets--though not necessarily Nuggets--and round out a supergroup-style lineup as loaded as Audioslave (or at least the Damn Yankees).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Kaiser: Impact of Bledsoe, Westbrook, Pekovic returns
- Camp Tour: Will Ruggiano bounce back?
- Camp Tour: D-backs' Owings, Pollock
- Fantasy Hockey: Top 200 rankings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com