Late-season fantasy strategy
Hall of Fame basketball coach Red Auerbach, the architect of one of the most successful runs in professional sports history, used to preach that it's not who starts the game that matters, but who finishes it. Of course, Auerbach was probably justifying his method of bringing stars such as Frank Ramsey and John Havlicek off the bench … but he may as well have been talking about the past eight or so weeks of the fantasy baseball season. That's right, it's time to finish what we started way back in March. It's time to take home that league championship.
Today we'll review some tactics designed to increase your chances of winning your league. We'll begin with general principles that can be applied across all formats. Following that, we'll hone in on format-specific advice so no one will be left out.
General winning tactics
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Hoops Forecaster: Feb. 2-8
- Carpenter: Roto strategy: Managing games played
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Feb. 2-8
- Kaiser: Which Gasol do you want in fantasy?
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Bullpen Report
- Eric Karabell notes five closer situations still up for grabs with weeks before spring training.