Colabello, Lambo; top prospects
- Chris Colabello and Andrew Lambo were so far off the prospect radar coming into the season that calling them "obscure" would have been a compliment. Yet now they're in position to help your fantasy team during the season's final six weeks.
Colabello spent the first eight seasons of his professional career in the independent Can-Am League, getting only a brief look from the Detroit Tigers in March 2006. After winning Can-Am MVP and Baseball America independent-league player of the year honors in 2011, he hooked on with the Twins. Colabello has hit .312/.388/.546 with 43 homers in 219 minor league games over the past two seasons -- he also drilled two homers for Italy in the World Baseball Classic -- to earn an opportunity in Minnesota at age 29.[+] EnlargeChristian Petersen/Getty ImagesChris Colabello homered off Dominican Republic starter Edinson Volquez in the World Baseball Classic.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM