Fantasy prospects: Profar at No. 1
Note that the rankings and information differ from my normal work for Baseball America. In this space, I'm not as concerned with a player's all-around ability or long-term impact; only his ability to put up fantasy numbers in 2013 matters. For instance, Astros shortstop Carlos Correa and Twins outfielder Byron Buxton were the top two picks in the 2012 draft and they're loaded with tools, but they're not close to being ready for the majors, so you likely won't see their names in the rankings this year.
To be honest, at the outset of spring training, I wouldn't have put Red Sox outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr., Marlins righthander Jose Fernandez, Twins outfielder Aaron Hicks or Mariners right-hander Brandon Maurer in the Top 10. Even a week before Opening Day, I wouldn't have ranked Fernandez. But they all broke camp on big league rosters, a testament to the uncertainty of prospect ETAs.
To see Jim's top 10 prospects for 2013, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Football Week 14 QB rankings
- Week 14 flex ranks: Trust your studs!
- Cregan: Hidden gems via usage rate, PER, minutes
- Daube: Week 13 fantasy trends
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Change For The Better?
- Tristan H. Cockcroft looks at the impact of Jacoby Ellsbury to the Yankees.
- Bullpen Shuffle
- What does the closer landscape look like after a couple of big moves?
- Old-Fashioned Blockbuster
- Tristan H. Cockcroft looks at the impact of the Prince Fielder-Ian Kinsler trade.