Fantasy Forecaster: White Sox could get hot
Updated: June 24, 2007, 7:54 PM ETBy Christopher Harris | ESPN.com
- Laughter In The Dark: Good Match-UpsChicago White Sox: 4 @TB; 3 @KC. As a team, the Pale Hose have the second-worst batting average in the majors over the last 30 days (and the worst for the entire year). Despite Jermaine Dye's injury, that could change this week. First of all, it's a seven-game schedule, which is nice. Even better, the worst pitching staff in baseball over the last month (that'd be Tampa) and the fifth-worst (yup, Kansas City) in terms of ERA are on the docket. Yes, the Sox have to deal with both James Shields and Scott Kazmir, but they also get a pleasant dose of J.P. Howell and Andy Sonnanstine. Then they get Brian Bannister, Odalis Perez and Gil Meche. No, Chicago won't be in the postseason, but they can make hay this week. Boston Red Sox: 3 @SEA; 3 vs. TEX. Speaking of hosiery... Not that you were planning on benching your bevy of hitters from baseball's best team, but just in case: don't. These are some sweet match-ups: Jeff Weaver, Ryan Feierabend, Robinson Tejeda, Kameron Loe and Vicente Padilla? Yum. Yes, there's the lone toughie against Felix Hernandez, who mauled Boston early this year. But otherwise, it's smooth sailing.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com