Fantasy Forecaster: Mets have strong final week
Updated: September 23, 2007, 6:37 PM ETBy Christopher Harris | ESPN.com
- Laughter In The Dark: Good MatchpsNew York Mets: 3 vs. WAS; 1 vs. STL; 3 vs. FLA. This is perhaps the hardest week to predict a few days ahead of time, simply because it's unclear when teams will clinch and/or be eliminated, and it's unclear what opponents who are playing out the string will do with their pitching staffs and their hitters. If the Mets continue to fight the Philadelphia Phillies for the National League East, they should hit during this friendly seven-game finale. The Nats pitchers have cooled down in the second half of September, and the Marlins' collective ERA over the past week is 6.15. Toronto Blue Jays: 1 @NYY; 3 @BAL; 3 vs. TB. The Jays are mixing up their lineup because guys like Vernon Wells and Troy Glaus are done for the year, but the team is hot; it spoiled a three-game coronation of the Boston Red Sox early this past week and kept taking the Yankees to extra frames this past weekend. This week, the Jays have got seven games, and six of 'em are against two of the coldest pitching staffs in captivity. The three in Baltimore, in particular, could feature a few serious slugfests. Keep an eye on whether Frank Thomas is healthy enough to play this week, though. He hurt his knee Saturday.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com