Newfound power: Will it stay or go?
Andrew McCutchen, Edwin Encarnacion, others riding elevated home run paces
- I've said it before, and I'll say it again: As much as you've enjoyed owning Andrew McCutchen this season, you could be better off without him.
Why? Because power gains can be precarious. In my last Under the Microscope, we met the possibility of dealing McCutchen and Mike Trout in redraft leagues. It was suggested, along with numbers to back it, that both McCutchen and Trout would be unable to sustain their present level of performance. The premise: Someone in your league might be willing to not only deal you a player who will impact your roster as much as these outfield phenoms, but you possibly could get a bonus due to the sexiness of their name recognition.
To see Todd's statistical examination of such players as Andrew McCutchen and Edwin Encarnacion, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Kaiser: Impact of Bledsoe, Westbrook, Pekovic returns
- Camp Tour: Will Ruggiano bounce back?
- Camp Tour: D-backs' Owings, Pollock
- Fantasy Hockey: Top 200 rankings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM