Top 12: Marte on brink of promotion
- Note: The top 12 fantasy prospects (players currently in the minor leagues) for 2012 are below. These rankings are a bit different from other prospect rankings; these are strictly for 2012 fantasy purposes. So not only do talent and recent performance play a role in the rankings, potential paths to the big leagues also factor in. All young players in the minors are eligible, including those in "prospect purgatory" -- those who have exceeded rookie status but are still young and unproven commodities.
After two weeks -- we featured the Top 12 prospects at the Futures Game last week -- there has been a lot of movement in the Top 12 for '12. There have been a handful of call-ups, and a few prospects have slumped of late, but more importantly, it looks as if several players are in line to get some big league time in the second half.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Carpenter: Filling category gaps
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 Rookies/Prospects Coverage
Who's next? And what should we expect from them? ESPN Insider has all the info you need on rookies and prospects, such as Wil Myers.
Fantasy: Prospect/Rookie Rankings
2012 call-up profiles
More prospect coverage