Top 12 for '12: Hello, Mr. Grandal!
Updated: May 25, 2012, 2:41 PM ETBy Kevin Goldstein | Baseball Prospectus
Note: The top 12 fantasy prospects (players currently in the minor leagues) for 2012 are below. These rankings are a bit different from other prospect rankings; these are strictly for 2012 fantasy purposes. So not only do talent and recent performance play a role in the rankings, but potential paths to the big leagues also factor in. In addition, all young players in the minors are eligible, including those in "prospect purgatory" -- those who have exceeded rookie status but are still young and unproven commodities.
1. Wil Myers, OF, Kansas City Royals (Last week's rank: 1)
Lisa Blumenfeld/Getty ImagesWil Myers has 15 homers in 162 at-bats between Double- and Triple-A this season.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Carpenter: Big men who can produce 3s, steals
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Jan. 26-Feb. 1
- Kaiser: Players to rise with a teammate's trade
- Kaiser: Fantasy impact of Kobe Bryant's injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 Rookies/Prospects Coverage
Who's next? And what should we expect from them? ESPN Insider has all the info you need on rookies and prospects, such as Wil Myers.