Top 12 for '12: Myers jumps to No. 1
Updated: May 18, 2012, 3:15 PM ETBy Kevin Goldstein | Baseball Prospectus
Note: The top 12 fantasy prospects (players currently in the minor leagues) for 2012 are below. These rankings are a bit different from other prospect rankings; these are strictly for 2012 fantasy purposes. So not only do talent and recent performance play a role in the rankings, but potential paths to the big leagues also factor in. In addition, all young players in the minors are eligible, including those in "prospect purgatory" -- those who have exceeded rookie status but are still young and unproven commodities.
1. Wil Myers, OF, Kansas City Royals (Last week: unranked)
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Harris: Super-deep sleepers to watch
- Karabell: Auction draft strategy guide
- Cockcroft: Late sleeper steals, saves guys
- Karabell: Value of Pirates hitters
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 Rookies/Prospects Coverage
Who's next? And what should we expect from them? ESPN Insider has all the info you need on rookies and prospects, such as Wil Myers.