Shandler: Deconstructing Richie Sexson
Updated: July 17, 2007, 9:45 AM ETBy Ron Shandler | Baseball HQ
- This week we use our component skills-based analysis to analyze another high-profile underperformer: Richie Sexson.What he was expected to doWith the exception of an injury-shortened 2004 season (when he only had 90 AB), Sexson has been good for a .260-.270 batting average, 35-40 home runs and 100-plus RBIs over the past few years. At 32, he's slightly past his peak as a hitter, but with his performance track record and history of solid skills, there was no reason to expect anything different in 2007.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Kaiser: Impact of Bledsoe, Westbrook, Pekovic returns
- Camp Tour: Will Ruggiano bounce back?
- Camp Tour: D-backs' Owings, Pollock
- Fantasy Hockey: Top 200 rankings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com