Playing With The Numbers: PrOPS Revisited
Updated: March 29, 2007, 11:09 AM ETBy David Srinivasan | Special to ESPN.com
- PrOPS RevisitedLast week's look at PrOPS, a system that analyzes hitters created by Kennesaw State economics professor J.C. Bradbury, generated a decent amount of skepticism. Said Greg Smith: "There is something I noticed in your 'The Big Pretenders' chart vs. your 'Diamonds in the Rough' chart. The 'Diamonds' section, with a couple exceptions, has three things in common, a lot of homers, very little speed, and low batting averages. It seems to me, that guys who try to pull everything end up hitting weak grounders to second or short a lot, and giving the speed of some of these guys, they aren't going to be beating out any of them any time soon."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com