Minor Achievements: Impact of September roster expansion
1. Players have to be on the 40-man roster in order to be called up, and teams don't necessarily like to put players on the 40-man until they have to. Granted, some teams have some dead weight at the back end that they could jettison to create room. However, it means a lot of the bigger names might have to wait until next season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Harris: Week 15 free-agent finds
- Carpenter: Keep eye on Asik
- Open Ice: Deep goalie thoughts
- Karabell: 2013 rankings update finale