Grey's Clipboard: What's wrong with Ryan Howard?
.221 and three homers. Those are the numbers Ryan Howard put up in April 2007, as Matthew Berry noted in his defense of his top 340 list. So Ryan hitting .165 with six homers to start this season shouldn't be a huge concern in the grand scheme of the full season, right?
My gut tells me Howard gets the benefit of the doubt based on what he has done the past two seasons and he should be just fine going forward. Honestly, though, my eyes are overruling my gut right now.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Harris: Don't worry too much about Cam Newton
- Karabell: Pre-trade deadline pickups
- Crawford: Top 10 fantasy 1B prospects
- Daube: Foster worth the risk early
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Max Scherzer American League Cy Young Winner Dirt Coin Photo Mint