Baseball HQ: Stretch-run targets
Updated: August 23, 2007, 7:36 PM ETBy Ray Murphy | Baseball HQ
- With five-plus weeks left in the season, even a small boost from a minor roster move can have a meaningful impact on your final standing. But that help can be hard to find. Here are a collection of options, all off-the-radar to some degree, who may be cheaply or freely available to you and might be able to offer that much-needed boost. For the shopper's convenience, we will group them by position.Infielders• Tony Graffanino's knee injury earned Rickie Weeks a quick recall from his Triple-A exile, but he's showing little sign of shaking off his slump. With Milwaukee under increasing pressure in the NL Central, Craig Counsell should start to see more ABs. Counsell has not done much this year, but he owns a good historical OBP+speed combo, and he should get an opportunity to display that over the season's final six weeks.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com