If You're Hardcore: Endy, Schroder head the list
- Are you tired of columns telling you that the smart "pickups" each week are players who are already owned in your league ... and more often than not sold for real money at auction? If you're hardcore, then this is column is for you: real world pickups for deep AL- or NL-only leagues.Hitters
Endy Chavez, OF, Mets: Shelved in early June with a torn hamstring, Chavez is really for those in leagues without deep reserve or disabled lists. He's probably still stashed in those kinds of leagues, but if he was dumped in yours when he got hurt, he may be worth a look. Activated from the disabled list on Tuesday, Chavez joined a Mets outfield that, while crowded, isn't exactly filled with All-Star performers. Moises Alou, Shawn Green, Lastings Milledge and Marlon Anderson are all injury or slump prone, so Chavez just might have some value. He's a legitimate high-average hitter with good contact skills, a solid line-drive percentage and, best of all, great speed. Chavez isn't of interest in keeper leagues, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him earn enough playing time to steal a few bases the rest of the way.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM