FLB: 2007 NL SP Rankings
(Catchers, first basemen, second basemen, shortstops, third basemen, AL outfielders, NL outfielders and designated hitters have already appeared, and I'll cover a new position each week of the offseason.)
1. Chris Carpenter, Cardinals: Now are you convinced he's free of the injury issues that plagued him back in his days in Toronto? Carpenter has a 3.10 ERA and 1.083 WHIP in three years in St. Louis, averaging 17 wins, 183 strikeouts and -- most importantly -- 31 starts and 215 innings during that span. Tommy John surgery (2003) seems to have done him some good, and at 31, he should again be a top Cy Young contender in 2007.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- What can we expect from Wil Myers?
- Bits: Mets sweep twinbill, acquire Young
- Young pitchers whose innings could be capped
- Under the Microscope: 'Buy-high' players