FLB: 2007 DH Rankings
- It's never too early to prepare for the 2007 fantasy baseball season! So many things can change between now and next opening day, but in order to give you a head start on your research, here are my early designated hitter rankings, each of the top 10 at the position. Keep in mind that many of these players will qualify at other positions, and that some designated hitters might already have been listed at another position.
1. David Ortiz, Red Sox: "Big Papi" might have been slighted in the American League MVP race, a victim of the Red Sox's late-season swoon, but there might not be a better clutch hitter in the game. He's a machine when it comes to timely hits, which helps bolster his status as an elite RBI performer, and few can rival his raw power. Boston's lineup is no weaker today than it was this past season, making another 50-homer, 125-RBI campaign a virtual lock, though a .300 batting average might be asking a lot. Really, Ortiz shouldn't be a high-average type -- think .290, tops -- because he has a big, looping swing, but there's little doubt he's the one designated hitter well worthy of first-round status.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Kaiser: Impact of Bledsoe, Westbrook, Pekovic returns
- Camp Tour: Will Ruggiano bounce back?
- Camp Tour: D-backs' Owings, Pollock
- Fantasy Hockey: Top 200 rankings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM