FLB: 2007 DH Rankings
1. David Ortiz, Red Sox: "Big Papi" might have been slighted in the American League MVP race, a victim of the Red Sox's late-season swoon, but there might not be a better clutch hitter in the game. He's a machine when it comes to timely hits, which helps bolster his status as an elite RBI performer, and few can rival his raw power. Boston's lineup is no weaker today than it was this past season, making another 50-homer, 125-RBI campaign a virtual lock, though a .300 batting average might be asking a lot. Really, Ortiz shouldn't be a high-average type -- think .290, tops -- because he has a big, looping swing, but there's little doubt he's the one designated hitter well worthy of first-round status.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Crawford: Top 10 fantasy baseball prospects
- Karabell: Potential breakout QBs
- Week 16 Start/sit advice, two-start pitchers, ranks
- Karabell: Keeper league stash candidates